Negligent Building Security
Were You Assaulted Inside An Apartment Building or Commercial Premises?
Landlords and the owners of commercial premises must provide basic security to prevent intruders from trespassing on the property and assaulting law abiding tenants and patrons. When a lack of minimal building security enables an intruder to come upon the property and injure lawful occupants, the landlord may be held responsible for money damages to injured occupants. If you have been harmed by a trespasser inside your apartment building or any other type of building, contact the Law Office of James Trainor, P.C. to protect your rights and pursue the compensation you deserve.
Criminal assaults resulting from inadequate safety provisions can occur anywhere, including:
- Apartment Buildings
- Office Buildings
- Hospitals and Nursing Homes
- College Dormitories and school Buildings
- Vacation Resorts
- Department Stores
The signs of landlord negligence are diverse, and may include:
- Broken locks on building entrances and exits
- Failure to warn or abate known hotspots of criminal conduct
- Broken gates and barriers
- Malfunctioning security cameras and monitoring systems
- Unqualified security personnel
- Housing of persons with demonstrated violent tendencies
Proving Fault for a Negligent Security Claim
If a trespasser has harmed you or a loved one, get the legal guidance to prove that the premises owner provided inadequate security and enabled the trespasser to injure you. As an experienced and knowledgeable personal injury firm in Brooklyn, if our law firm takes you case we will prosecute it to ensure that a negligent landlord is held accountable.
Generally, to hold a landlord responsible for negligent security provisions, it must be established that the landlord or owner:
- Knew of the defective security device (e.g., broken door lock), or with the exercise of reasonable care should have learned about it
- Had enough time to install or repair the security device
- Failed to install or repair the security device
- A properly maintained minimal security device likely would have prevented the trespasser from gaining entrance into the building and attacking you
Law Office of James Trainor, P.C. aggressively prosecutes all of its clients’ cases to maximize the value of their personal injury claims and ensure that their cases move swiftly through the court system. You deserve our thorough efforts to recover the full compensation you deserve as soon as possible. Schedule a free case evaluation right away.