Auto accidents are the most common, and often the most severe, types of accidents in New York State, and if you’ve been hurt in one, you should speak with an experienced New York City auto accident lawyer as soon as you can. Contact the Law Office of James Trainor, P.C. today to learn more about how we can assist you through every step of the claims process ahead.
New York City Auto Accident Lawyer | Here to Help You
Automobile accidents occur when other drivers disregard your safety and decide not to observe roadway conditions and traffic controls with due care. Negligent drivers expose you, your loved ones, and friends to the threat of catastrophic injuries by selfishly placing their own convenience ahead of the risk of harm to others.
A driver who has crashed into your vehicle may be responsible for compensating you for your injuries. This is where the superior analytical skills, painstaking preparation, and instinct of New York City personal injury attorney James Trainor work to your greatest advantage. If our firm takes your case, we immediately investigate the accident scene, interview any eyewitnesses, assess the condition of the vehicles involved when possible, and research thoroughly the negligent driver’s history and background. When circumstances warrant it, we hire experts, such as biomechanical engineers and human factors specialists for ongoing consultation regarding any underlying facts that may have contributed to the accident and your injuries.
Auto Accidents Our Firm Handles
Here at the Law Office of James Trainor, P.C., we handle a wide array of auto accident cases, including the following:
- Bus Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Rideshare Accidents
Common Types of Automobile Collisions
While each automobile accident is unique and requires attention to the distinct circumstances in which it occurred, many such accidents can be characterized as follows:
- Rear-End Collisions: A rear-end collision occurs when a negligent driver impacts your stopped or decelerating vehicle from behind (two-car crash) or impacts a second vehicle from behind with such force that the second vehicle impacts yours (multi-car crash). Statistical studies show that rear-end collisions frequently occur because the offending driver is driving too fast and aggressively, is distracted, and/or does not adequately observe traffic and road conditions.
- Intersection Collisions: Intersection crashes fall into the categories of T-bone crashes, left-turn collisions, and right turn collisions. While the design and traffic conditions at an intersection may vary, the underlying driver negligence that causes them does not. Studies indicate that most intersection accidents result from a careless driver’s failure to survey traffic conditions and controls attentively, imprudently turning without a clear view of the road, illegal maneuvering, distraction, and misjudgment of other vehicles’ distance and speed.
- Passengers In Single Car Accidents: Single car accidents happen when a driver loses control of his or her vehicle and veers outside of the traffic lane or off the road. Passengers may suffer injuries if the vehicle collides into roadway enclosures such as highway dividers, guardrails, parked vehicles, or bridge and tunnel walls. In many cases, the vehicle runs completely off the road altogether resulting in the vehicle turning over or crashing into trees, down into culverts, homes, or buildings.
You owe it to yourself to determine whether your injuries are the result of a negligent person’s having violated the law. Calling a knowledgeable New York City auto accident lawyer should be your first move if you are involved in an automobile accident of any kind. We can help you understand what to do and provide you with direction.
What to Do Immediately After an Accident
Below are some of the guidelines for what to do and what not to do after being involved in a motor vehicle accident:
- Do not leave the scene of the accident.
- Call the police to the scene of the accident.
- Ask the other driver for his or her insurance information.
- Ask any witnesses for their contact information.
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident.
- Receive all needed medical attention for your injuries.
- Do not answer questions from an investigator sent by an insurance company.
- Never assume or state that the accident was your fault.
- Hire an experienced New York City auto accident lawyer to protect your rights to medical benefits and lost wages, regardless of fault. Remember, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in New York is, typically, three years, which is why you cannot wait longer than three years to sue. Our firm is here to help you today.
The goal of the negligent driver’s insurance company is to give you no monetary compensation, or as little as possible, no matter how outrageous its insured driver’s behavior was, no matter how catastrophic your injuries are, and no matter how high your medical bills and lost wages are. The last thing an insurance company wants to do is dip into its billions of dollars in reserves to pay you. It is unfair. We will make it fair. When our firm accepts your matter, we prepare an airtight case to prove that the other driver is at fault, that your injuries are severe, and your losses real.
What happens now?
After suffering any type of injury in a motor vehicle accident, you will need to navigate the legal road ahead of you. Knowing what to expect is a helpful tool for obtaining the results you seek. You should consult us. We will prepare your case to prove that the driver responsible for your injuries and harm must pay.
You may be entitled to money for:
- Emotional distress
- Lost income
- Out of Pocket Expenses (e.g., medical copays, travel expenses, etc.)
- Medical expenses
- Loss of marital services from an injured spouse
Our firm will battle to prove that the other driver is at fault and is legally responsible to pay the money you deserve.
Contact a New York City Auto Accident Lawyer
At the Law Office of James Trainor, P.C., we offer free case evaluations. If we accept your case, we will immediately get you on the road to obtaining maximum monetary compensation to alleviate the pain and costs of your injuries. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you through every step of the process ahead. We are on your side.