Unfortunately, people are hurt because of the negligence of others virtually every single day in New York City, and if you are one of them, you should consider speaking with an experienced New York City personal injury attorney as soon as you can. Continue reading and contact the Law Office of James Trainor, P.C. to learn more about how our legal team can help you win the compensation you deserve and need to heal.
New York City Personal Injury Attorney | Fighting for the Results You Need
When someone is injured due to no fault of their own, they need a strong legal advocate on their side. Fortunately, if you find yourself in this situation, you’re in the right place. Our New York City personal injury attorney is prepared to fight for you through every step of the claims process ahead.
Our Legal Services
Here at the Law Office of James Trainor, P.C., we handle a wide array of personal injury claims on behalf of our clients, including the following:
- Auto Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Defective Product Accidents
- Dog Bite Injuries
- Dram Shop Liability
- Nursing Home Neglect
- Wrongful Death
- Medical Malpractice
Auto Accident Cases We Handle
Auto accidents are perhaps the most common type of accident in New York State and throughout the country. Unfortunately, in many cases, auto accidents are also the most devastating, as vehicles colliding at high speeds is a recipe for disaster. Some of the auto accident claims that our experienced New York City personal injury attorney has handled over the years include the following:
- Bus Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Rideshare Accidents
Slip and Fall Cases We Handle
As you may know, property owners have a legal obligation to keep their properties safe. Unfortunately, property owners do not always live up to this obligation, and when they fail to retain safe premises, people can sustain very serious injuries as a result of slip and fall accidents. If you’ve been injured in such an accident, our New York City slip and fall accident lawyer is here to help. Just some of the premises liability cases we handle are as follows:
- Stairway Accidents
- Apartment Accidents
- Defective Elevators
- Negligent Building Security
- Sidewalk Accidents
- Grocery Store Accidents
Proving Your New York City Personal Injury Claim
After someone is injured in an accident, it is not enough to simply file a personal injury claim without any evidence. This is why, if you can, you should work to document as much of the accident as you can, whether you were injured in an auto accident, slip and fall accident, or otherwise. If possible, you should take the following steps:
- Call 911. Not only will law enforcement write up a report concerning the facts of the accident, but they will also send an ambulance that can transport you to a hospital for treatment. Remember, even if you are not immediately injured, you should seek immediate medical attention, as certain injuries take a few days to manifest.
- If you were injured in an auto accident, you should ask the other driver for his or her insurance information. If you were injured in a store or place of business, you should notify the property owner of your injury.
- Ask anyone who saw your accident happen for their name, phone number, and email address. We can ask these witnesses to corroborate your story at a later date.
- Take pictures of the accident, including any property damage, any damage to your vehicle or the other driver’s vehicle, and, if you were injured in a slip and fall accident, you should take pictures of the unsafe conditions that caused your accident.
- Ensure that you receive a copy of all medical documentation once you are treated and in stable condition. You should also keep a copy of every medical bill you’ve incurred due to your injury.
- Hire an experienced New York City personal injury lawyer who can work to obtain all other evidence needed to satisfy the burden of proof in your personal injury claim. As long as we can prove that you were injured as a direct result of another party’s negligence, you should receive the compensation you need to heal.
As you can imagine, often, the repercussions of a serious accident can affect a person on several levels. Accidents often cause physical, emotional, and financial damages. If we win your personal injury claim, you should receive compensation to help you deal with the economic and non-economic damages you’ve sustained. Economic damages primarily deal with the financial cost of an injury, such as lost wages from being unable to return to work, medical bills, and more. On the other hand, non-economic damages are there to compensate you for certain non-financial damages, such as the loss of enjoyment of life, pain and suffering, emotional distress, and other non-monetary damages you’ve incurred as a result of your accident.
Time Limitations for Personal Injury Claims in NYS
Every injury claim must be filed within certain time constraints, which is known as the statute of limitations. Additionally, to file a lawsuit against Cities, Towns, Counties, Authorities (e.g., NYC Transit Authority, Port Authority, etc.), and other Municipal Entities too numerous to name, the injured person must file a Notice of Claim within 90 days of the incident. Therefore, when you or a family member are injured through someone else’s carelessness, it is vitally important that you contact a seasoned personal injury lawyer with a demonstrated history of success as soon as reasonably possible to protect your rights. Our firm is here to help you.
Contact a New York City Personal Injury Attorney
The unfortunate reality is that serious accidents occur here in New York City every single day, and if you are an accident victim, it’s best you are prepared. Our firm proudly serves clients throughout NYC, including in Brooklyn, the Bronx Harlem, Manhattan, Queens, and Staten Island. Contact the Law Office of James Trainor, P.C. today to schedule your free initial consultation with our knowledgeable legal team.