Your apartment is your home, and your home is where you should feel safe. Unfortunately, many people throughout New York City have been injured in their own apartments and apartment buildings due to the landlord’s carelessness. If you are one of them, you should contact an experienced New York City apartment accidents lawyer here at the Law Office of James Trainor, P.C. today.
New York City Apartment Accidents Lawyer | Protecting NYC Residents
Apartment accidents often occur due to negligent landlords, and if you’ve been hurt because of unsafe apartment conditions, you may feel unsure of where to turn. Fortunately, you’re in the right place. You can depend on our New York City personal injury attorney to fight for your rights, every step of the way.
Causes of Apartment Accidents/Injuries in NYC
As you can imagine, apartments and apartment complex grounds can present various potential safety hazards. Some of the most common causes of apartment accident injuries are as follows:
- Unsafe drinking water or air conditions
- Ceiling collapses
- Failure to install smoke and carbon monoxide alarms
- Unsafe apartment complex playground conditions
- Collapsing balconies
- Nails coming out of floors or stairs
- Defective apartment elevators
- Unsafe apartment stairways
- Hazardous parking lot or sidewalk conditions
- Failure to clear away all weather-related hazards timely
- Insufficient lighting
Proving Your Claim
After any sort of accident that results in injury, it is always best to document the incident as best as you can, as long as you are physically capable of doing so. If you’ve sustained an injury in your apartment due to no fault of your own, you should take the following steps:
- Call 911, especially if you are critically injured. You need to receive medical treatment as soon as you can.
- Take pictures of the unsafe apartment conditions that caused your accident.
- If any witnesses were present as the accident happened, ensure you get their contact information.
- Obtain a copy of all medical documentation regarding your injuries.
- Hire an experienced New York City apartment accidents lawyer who can work to satisfy the burden of proof in your personal injury claim.
Statute of Limitations and Notice of Claim Requirements in NYS
If you’ve been injured in an apartment accident, you should contact the Law Office of James Trainor, P.C. immediately. As with any personal injury lawsuit, there are time-sensitive filing requirements that you must meet to ensure your right to recover the compensation that will fix, correct, and make up for your injuries and related harms.
Contact a New York City Apartment Accidents Lawyer
If you’ve been injured in your apartment, you shouldn’t have to go it alone. You need competent legal representation who can effectively fight for your right to compensation. Our legal team is here to help you attain the compensation you deserve, regardless of the hurdles thrown our way. Contact the Law Office of James Trainor, P.C. today to schedule your free initial compensation with our firm.