Were you injured or suffered avoidable medical complications because of the wrongdoing of a physician, hospital, or another medical facility? If so, our New York City medical malpractice lawyer, in conjunction with medical experts, will examine the complicated medical records and facts relating to your case and file a medical malpractice lawsuit where warranted. Contact the Law Office of James Trainor, P.C. today to learn more about medical malpractice claims and how we can assist you.
New York City Medical Malpractice Lawyer | Righting Physician’s Wrongs
When we visit our healthcare providers on an emergent or elective basis, we expect to be helped, not harmed. At our firm, we understand that when something goes wrong, you are likely feeling overwhelmed and unsure of the road ahead. While you recover or come to terms with the suspicious death of a loved one, we take over your problems and determine whether a doctor, nurse, or other hospital staff failed to honor modern standards of medical care.
A doctor, hospital, or medical facility that departs from proper medical practice in treating you or a family member should be held accountable for all damages you’ve incurred, such as pain, suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and, in the case of a deceased love one, the loss of support and guidance.
At the Law Office of James Trainor, P.C., our New York City personal injury attorney has extensive experience in litigating medical negligence cases to provide powerful representation to clients. Our firm’s vast legal and medical resources are here to help you prevail in the extremely complicated field of medical malpractice law.
Forms of Medical Malpractice
Common forms of medical malpractice that we handle include, but are not limited to:
- Surgical errors
- Delayed diagnoses of cancer
- Misread X-ray, MRI, CT-Scan, or other diagnostic films
- Negligent laser surgery
- Prescription medication errors and omissions
- Contraindicated treatments
- Failure to refer patients to proper specialists
- Performance of an operation or procedure without first apprising the patient of the risks, benefits, and alternatives so that the patient can make an informed decision of whether to undergo the procedure
- Misleading patients about the cause of a bad outcome
If you have concerns that a medical professional or facility has subjected you or a family member to medical malpractice, it is vital that you contact our firm at your earliest convenience. Medical malpractice claims can be very complicated and always require an experienced lawyer to be prosecuted correctly. We have the legal skills that can help you secure repayment for your harms and injuries.
Proving a Medical Malpractice Claim
To win a medical malpractice claim, you must first prove several things. They are as follows:
- First, you will need to prove that you were the physician’s patient and that the physician owed you a duty of care.
- You will then have to prove that the medical practitioner departed from good and accepted medical practice.
- You must then prove that because of the breach of the standard of care, you were injured as a result.
- You must then prove that the injury lead to serious damages, including medical complications, high medical bills, lost wages from being unable to return to work, and more.
Contact a New York City Medical Malpractice Lawyer
If you or a loved one have sustained serious injuries at the hands of a negligent medical professional, you can depend on us to fight for the compensation you deserve and need to heal. Contact the Law Office of James Trainor, P.C. today to schedule your free initial consultation with our firm.