Grocery shopping is something many of us do at least once a week, and in most cases, grocery shopping is boring at its worst. Unfortunately, supermarket accidents occur more often than you may think, and if you’ve been hurt in one, you should speak with our New York City grocery store accidents lawyer as soon as you can. Contact the Law Office of James Trainor, P.C. today.
New York City Grocery Store Accidents Lawyer | On Your Side
Grocery store accidents can leave victims unsure of where to turn, as the last thing an injured person wants to do is wade through the legal system on their own. Fortunately, they don’t have to with an experienced New York City slip and fall lawyer on their side. Our firm is ready to help in any way we can.
Grocery Store Accidents in NYC
Grocery stores are filled with shelves, merchandise, displays, and people, so the chances of a serious accident occurring are not particularly low. Oftentimes, these accidents are caused by grocery store staff or management. When either of these parties fails to take certain necessary safety precautions, patrons can sustain significant injuries as a result. Some of the most common causes of grocery store accidents in New York City are as follows:
- Unsafe merchandise displays
- Poorly placed produce
- Items falling from shelves
- Debris left in aisles
- Poorly placed floormats
- Wet floors
- Unsafe supermarket sidewalks
- Poorly-lit supermarket parking lots
- Negligent signage in parking lots
Documenting Your Accident
You cannot win a personal injury claim without having proof that your injuries were caused by another party’s negligence. As long as you have the physical ability, you should try to document your accident after it happens. Try to take the following steps:
- Call the police and notify the store owner of your injuries. The store owner/manager should write up an incident report and law enforcement should write up a police report at the scene.
- While you wait for law enforcement to arrive, ask witnesses for their contact information.
- Take pictures of the hazardous conditions that caused your accident.
- Obtain medical documentation/bills concerning your injury from your physician.
- Speak with a seasoned New York City grocery store accidents lawyer who can fight for your rightful compensation. In some cases, we can subpoena surveillance footage of your accident as it happened, which is frequently the best way to prove a personal injury claim.
Statute of Limitations for Premises Liability Claims in NYC
As with all personal injury claims, the statute of limitations for premises liability claims places time constraints on your right to file a lawsuit and recover just compensation. Failure to file your lawsuit within the case-specific deadline will bar you from bringing a lawsuit, and the harms and losses related to your incident will remain uncompensated. Do not make the mistake of waiting too long. Speak with us today.
Contact a New York City Grocery Store Accidents Lawyer
A serious grocery store accident can leave someone with long-term, if not permanent injuries. Our firm understands the effect that a serious injury can have on a person and his or her family, which is why we are here to fight for you. Contact the Law Office of James Trainor, P.C. to schedule your initial consultation with our legal team today.