If you were injured on another’s property, you may have a valid premises liability claim. Continue reading to learn more and reach out to an experienced New York City slip and fall lawyer. Our legal team is on your side.
What are the most common causes of premises liability accidents in New York?
In the state of New York, property owners are held responsible for ensuring that their properties are kept reasonably safe for the visitors who enter them. In the event that a property owner fails to properly maintain their property and an injury occurs as a result, they may be held responsible. The most common types of premises liability accidents that our firm has seen include the following:
- Escalator accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Elevator accidents
- Falling and collapsing ceilings
- Hotel accidents
- Negligent security
- Stairwell accidents
- Sidewalk accidents
- Supermarket accidents
- Window accidents
If you were hurt as a result of any of the above-mentioned injuries, you may have a viable premises liability claim. Contact our firm today to discuss the details of your case and your options.
What should I do if I was injured on another’s property?
If you were hurt because of a negligent property owner, you may be entitled to financial compensation for injuries you have sustained. If you would like to pursue legal action, it is your responsibility, as the injured party, to provide enough evidence to satisfy the burden of proof. To have a successful premises liability action, take the following steps after your accident if you are able:
- Call 911 – The police will send an ambulance and file an accident report.
- Take plenty of photos and videos of the scene of the accident, including the hazardous conditions that caused your injury.
- Gather contact information from any witnesses to the accident to use for future reference.
- Seek medical attention to be sure that your injuries are properly treated. Ask your doctor for a copy of your medical report that indicates the origin and severity of your injuries.
- Retain the services of an experienced New York City personal injury attorney to assess your case and obtain further evidence to bolster your claim.
Do not wait to reach out to our firm today to discuss the details of your case and begin your claim with a New York City personal injury attorney. Our legal team has the experience and knowledge required to ensure that you obtain the legal compensation you need to heal.
Contact Our New York Personal Injury Firm
Serious accidents occur in New York City every single day, and if you are an accident victim, it’s best you are prepared. Our firm proudly serves clients throughout NYC, including in Brooklyn, Harlem, Manhattan, Queens, and Staten Island. Contact the Law Office of James Trainor, P.C. today to schedule your free initial consultation with our knowledgeable legal team.