Car accidents can have severe long-term physical, emotional, and financial burdens on those who are injured. If you were injured in a car accident as a result of another motorist’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact our firm today to obtain an experienced New York personal injury attorney on your side.
What are the causes of car accidents in New York City?
The streets of New York City are never silent. There are many causes of auto accidents in New York City. Some of the most common include the following:
- Distracted driving: Distracted driving is one of the largest causes of car accidents in the United States. If you were injured in a car accident by someone who was texting or using a cell phone while driving, eating while driving, or applying makeup while driving, there is a high likelihood that you may be entitled to financial compensation.
- Driving while intoxicated: Despite it being widely known, this does not deter those under the influence of drugs or alcohol from getting behind the wheel.
- Speeding: Speeding is another common cause of car accidents. Speed limits should always be abided by to ensure safety.
- Drowsy driving: Driving while tired or fatigued slows down a driver’s reaction time and increases the chances of an accident occurring.
- Failure to abide by stop signs or traffic lights: If someone chooses to ignore stop signs and traffic lights, negative results are foreseeable. It is important that everyone abides by all rules and regulations of the road at all times.
Can I pursue legal action if I was injured in a car accident?
If you have been severely injured in a car accident as a result of a negligent motorist, you may be entitled to financial compensation. Injured parties can recover damages for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, emotional distress, and more.
Contact Our New York Personal Injury Firm
Serious accidents occur in New York City every single day, and if you are an accident victim, it’s best you are prepared. Our firm proudly serves clients throughout NYC, including in Brooklyn, Harlem, Manhattan, Queens, and Staten Island. Contact the Law Office of James Trainor, P.C. today to schedule your free initial consultation with our knowledgeable legal team.